Friday, January 29, 2010

A thing called Shoes

Choosing Shoes

by Frida Wolfe

New shoes, new shoes,
Red and pink and blue shoes.
Tell me, what would you choose,
If they'd let us buy?

Buckle shoes, bow shoes,
Pretty pointy-toe shoes,
Strappy, cappy low shoes;
Let's have some to try.

Bright shoes, white shoes,
Dandy-dance-by-night shoes,
Perhaps-a-little-tight shoes,
Like some? So would I.

BUT
Flat shoes, fat shoes,
Stump-along-like-that shoes,
Wipe-them-on-the-mat shoes,
That's the sort they'll buy.


I know this is out of the blue, but I felt like making a post on something that almost all women share an interest for, which is shoes! This will mostly be pictures as I'm not in the mood to write :p

all of the photos above belong to The Selby

piles of shoes at Teen Vogue interns office


This post won't be complete without talking a little about well-known blogger, Jane Aldridge and her passion for shoes!

Jane is probably my number 1 inspiration that got me to start a blog. Yes I've come across several amazing blogs but for a lot of reasons I still consider her blog the freshest and most interesting one. So that's why I'd like to share my fascination with you people :)

Her designs for Urban Outfitters

They all look fantastic!

Posing in front of her shoes

I bet soon you'll be begging at someone to buy you new shoes hehe. Oh and here are some photos of what I consider her coolest shoes:

Bruno Frisoni shoes

Silver brogues by Yohji Yamamoto

Chanel bow-ties

Miu Miu dragonfly pumps


my other favorites..

YSL

Comme des Garcons

Biba

Louboutin


a closer look at her shoe collection. Jaw-dropping!


As Carrie Bradshaw once said,

"No please, don't get me a diamond.. just get me a really big closet"

(instead) for the shoe lovers out there, it's probably:

"No please, don't get me a diamond.. just get me tons of expensive shoes. But I'm gonna be needing a really big closet too to put all those shoes in it"

;-*


All of those photos are taken from google and her blog www.seaofshoes.typepad.com

No comments: