Monday, May 31, 2010

The Girls of The City : Olivia Palermo and Whitney Port

I've been meaning to write about the leading ladies from MTV's reality show, The City since a long time ago, but for some reason i keep on forgetting. This time I finally have enough pictures to put in this entry so I thought I'd post it :)

I've always loved Whitney Port since she was in The Hills. At that time she was still an intern at Teen Vogue along with well-known reality star Lauren Conrad. She always had a great style, which is no wonder because she has always been involved in the fashion industry from quite a young age. I was really disappointed when she left The Hills but was more than happy to find out that she was going to star in her own show called 'The City'. I followed it faithfully from season one until now (already started season 2) and never missed an episode.
The City is all about fashion and life in New York. You get to see Whitney work at Diane Von Furstenberg in season 1, then she worked at People's Revolution (Kelly Cutrone's company) and she also started her own clothing line in season 2, called Whitney Eve which I absolutely adore! Of course there were friends and relationship issues, like Whitney's awkward relationship with socialite Olivia. Olivia used to work with Whitney at DVF, but now works at Elle. If you want to know the whole story you have to watch it. It's totally worth it and there are a lot of clothing inspirations from it.


Olivia, Whitney, Erin, Roxy
(casts of The City)


Whitney Port and Olivia Palermo sitting
at the front row of a fashion show


Olivia Palermo
Captured by The Sartorialist

Stunning in this one-shoulder silk dress

Mix up your day and night looks like Olivia

Broken white goes with almost anything

Gone preppy

Those silver brogues are to die for!


Whitney's style
Attending Nylon's Young Hollywood 2010 Party

Animal print cardigan, creme Chanel bag,
and the mini dress. Love!
Super casual in a t-shirt and shorts

Matchy from top to bottom

At the Sex and The City 2 Premiere, donning
a fabulous black dress

Whit calling a cab, cute shades!


If I had to pick between Whitney and Olivia, I don't think I can make
up my mind. They both have such an amazing style, it's impossible to choose hehe.
Both getting along in season 1


Hope you enjoyed this entry :)
x

No comments: